ROCKPORT “POWERING YOUR VOTE” SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Rockport “Powering Your Vote” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (except where prohibited by law) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry or before the Sweepstakes closing date (except in Alabama, Delaware, and Nebraska, where participants must be at least 19 to be eligible, and Mississippi, where participants must be at least 21 to be eligible). Employees of The Rockport Company, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies, (“Promotion Entities”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor: The Rockport Company, LLC, 1220 Washington Street, West Newton, MA 02465.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes period begins on Monday, October 19, 2020 at 12:00AM ET and ends on Friday, October 23, 2020 at 11:59PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). 270 winners will be randomly selected and announced between October 26, 2020 and October 30, 2020. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
4. ODDS: Many will enter, and two hundred and seventy (270) – fifty-four (54) each day during the Sweepstakes Period – will win. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entrants who will participate in the Sweepstakes.
6. Email Accounts: Entrants must be the lawful users of an email address in order to enter to win. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of any email account, the authorized account holder used to register for that email account will be deemed to be the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
7. Selection of Winners: Winners will be selected at random. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded.
8. Winner Requirements: Sponsor will notify the prize winners via email on the dates listed in Section 3 (Monday, October 26, 2020 through Friday, October 30, 2020). All prize winners will receive a custom digital coupon code for one  pair of Rockport shoes of his/her choosing available on Rockport.com. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights here under. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 12 below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these Official Rules. Prizes can be redeemed after winners are identified and have responded in accordance with this Section 8.
9. Prizes: 270 Prize Winners, 270 Prizes total. 270 winners will each receive a custom digital coupon code for one  pair of Rockport shoes of his/her choosing available on Rockport.com (approximate retail value per prize of $50-200; total approximate retail value of all prizes of $13,500 - $54,000). Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize will be permitted by any winner. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each prize winner is responsible for any federal, state or local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. 270 prizes will be awarded to 270 winners of the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for the Sponsor and each of its designees to use entrant’s name, prize information, city and state of residence for advertising, promotional and other purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission.
11. General Conditions: If for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof).
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS RELATED COMPANIES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (B) TECHNICAL ERRORS RELATED TO COMPUTERS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, OR TELEPHONE OR NETWORK LINES; (C) PRINTING ERRORS; (D) ERRORS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OR JUDGING OF PHOTOS; (E) LATE, LOST, STOLEN, ILLEGIBLE, INACCURATE, DELAYED, MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE PHOTOS, POSTS, MAIL; OR (F) INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEY’S FEES. ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
13. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Promotion Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, but in no event including attorneys’ fees, disbursements or court costs; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs.
14. Winners List: To find out the names of the winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Rockport Company, LLC, 1220 Washington Street, West Newton, MA 02465, ATTN: Marketing “Powering Your Vote” Sweepstakes.