NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Rockport Ratings & Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Rockport Company, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. Sponsor: The Rockport Company, LLC, 1895 JW Foster Blvd, Canton, MA 02021 (“Rockport” or “Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on June 15, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes, as detailed below.
a) Complete a product review online: During the Entry Period, visit www.rockport.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit a short product review (herein referred to as a "Product Review"). A qualifying Product Review is a review of a Rockport product that you have used, that gives your honest assessment of the product that is deemed a relevant Product Review by conforming to Rockport’s review guidelines, as detailed below. Once you have submitted a Product Review, you automatically will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry into the drawing during the Entry Period.
Guidelines for a submitting a Product Review (Product Reviews must not contain the following): Vacuous Content (i.e. - random characters or meaningless word strings or blank); Content obviously pertaining to the wrong product and/or any competitors' products; Content that is clearly spam; Content that is primarily a price complaint, Inappropriate content that contains Web sites, hyperlinks, URLs, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers, including those of Rockport, material overly controversial, confrontational, personal, or violent, gang-related, drug-related, unlawful, or sexual in nature; Content that is an inappropriate comment about other content or the authors of other content; Content that is a derogatory focused at the sponsor or any other person, company, or entity; Content makes discriminatory or negative remarks concerning any person or group, including, but not limited to, derogatory comments based on physical attributes, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age, and negative comments about a product based solely on where it is manufactured; Content that suggests that readers should obtain products from another business or directs business away from Rockport; Content that contains any profanity (including symbols such as #$%@), obscenity, or inappropriate slang; Content that contains personal information, such as full names of people who are not public figures, phone numbers, specific physical addresses, or e-mail addresses; Content that contains credit card information, social security numbers, bank account numbers, or any other data that could lead to identity theft; Content that contains any material that identifies the entrant/reviewer as being under the age of 18; Content that states that the entrant/reviewer has not used the product (and the product was not given as a gift) and states that the entrant/reviewer did not purchase the product from the Rockport, or that the product was not received as a gift; Content that is not Ask & Answer-related; Contents that dwells primarily on a negative shipping experience; Content that contains any copyrighted works without the permission of the copyright owner; and content that contains any third party trademarks that suggest affiliation with any trademark owner without the permission of such owner.
Use of Product Reviews: Submitting a Product Review constitutes each entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of any Product Review for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
b) Mail-in Alternate Method: To enter without completing any product review, hand print your name, address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted), day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to “Rockport Ratings & Review Sweepstakes”, c/o Nicole Boutwell, The Rockport Company, LLC, 1895 JW Foster Boulevard, Canton, MA 02021. For each envelope received, you will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry into the drawing during the Entry Period, based on date of receipt. Limit: One (1) envelope per person during the Entry Period. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by and received by the Promotion Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: Regardless of method of entry, each entrant may only receive a maximum of three (3) Sweepstakes entries during the Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Winner Selection/Verification/Drawings: On or around July 15, 2014, a panel of judges, chosen by Sponsor, will select the best four (4) Submissions from among all eligible Submissions received during the Entry Period, based on an application of the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"): Relevance of Submission to other customers (50%); and Quality of Submission (50%). The potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone after the applicable drawing. The potential winner(s) will be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Prize Acceptance Forms and IRS W-9 form (collectively, “Releases”), as requested by Sponsor. If a potential winner of the Prize cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours, fails to sign and return the Releases or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or any email notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits his/her Prize. In the event that a potential winner of the Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. All forms must be fully completed and returned within seven (7) days following receipt of the forms from Sponsor, or the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternative winner selected. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: FOUR (4) PRIZE PACKS, as outlined in the chart below. TOTAL ARV: $1,092.00
Number of Prizes Awarded
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")
Four (4) winners will each receive one (1) prize pack
1 pair of Rockport shoes @ $120
1 Rockport handbag at @ $125
1 pair of Rockport socks @ $12
1 pack of Rockport shoe care items @ $16
$273.00 of each prize pack
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit: one (1) prize pack per person for the Entry Period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Promotion or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts state court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs, but in no event including attorneys' fees, disbursements or court costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope on or before August 31, 2014 to The Rockport Company, LLC, Attn: Rockport Ratings and Review Sweepstakes, Winners List, 1895 J.W. Foster Blvd., Canton, MA 02021.